Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Space Between

I am always drawn to the space between. Whether it is a sunlit glade in the woods, or the stillness that lies between each breath, that creation has always caught me. That beauty, I have found, illuminates my soul.

Often these moments of stillness or clarity come when I am in  nature. They can arise from poetry or artistic beauty, or relationships as well.
"One moment of your breath
Holds the emptiness of eternity
And I find the Beloved in the space
Between our lips." 

 This space between has the power to transform expectation into contemplation. It can turn my push into the gentle touch of I Am, and it is Enough. D.H. Lawrence writes:
"This is what I believe.
That I am I.
That my soul is a dark forest.

That my known self will never be more than a little clearing in the forest."
 And it is in that light-filled opening that our greatness is called forth. It is here, in our stillness, that we find ourselves full of grace.


No comments: